Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New York

So I just got back from New York City, spent the day hanging out with my friend and his gf.

Actually managed to get up at around 8ish, an impressive enough achievement on its own :P. Afterwards, headed up on the turnpike, and I can say simply, thank God for K-pop and K-rock ^_^ Cherry Filter+Wonder Girls+Epik High all the way up and down was quite nice and helped me stay up.

Got into Manhattan at Penn Station, after a fashion, figured out where Bob and Laura were so we had a breakfast (1st in their case, 2nd in mine) *shakes head at the both of them*. Headed down to the ferrys at South Street to go to Liberty Island, wanting to at least go up in the pedestal, only to find out that we need to reserve times far in advance, and basically need to show up to Manhattan several days early if we evar wanna do that. Oh well, nice Island. Headed back to the city, and decided to do dinner at K-town, mostly on my request hehe. So we went and I found out that....



I can't order in a restaurant in Korean yet to save my life! (note to self: correct this fast!) That was much to my embarassment and much to the laughs of Bob and Laura. On the other hand, much to my laughs, Laura apparently has a thing with fish and actually surgically removed the salmon from her philly rolls -_-''', but on the other hand, Bob got around to trying kimchi and other Korean foods which are certain to make their way into my house come August (insert cultural bwahahaha here).

Headed up to Central Park, and we found the most curious thing, a stone/concrete playground. Now I'm kind of intrigued, why would they make a kids playground out of hard materials, instead of at least plastic? Either way, more amusement ensues, then we headed back to Penn, my case back to Jersey and home, their case back to Long Island for a few more days.

Oh, and I got the new Epik High CD in K-town ^_^ Quite good.

Now off to play Smash. :-D

No comments: